Little Lagoon Preservation Society News
Social Media Workshop by AU and MBNEP
Please see the new announcement below for the social media workshop! The new date and time will be Tuesday, July 12thfrom 1:15 – 4:15 PM.
We hope to see you there! Please let Bill or I know if you will be attending and whether or not you will need a laptop.
Take care and talk with you soon!
Not sure if you're business or organization should have a Facebook page? Should you be 'tweeting'? Not sure how to do these things or how much time it might take? Come find out from Alabama Cooperative Extension's own Maggie Lawrence (Extension Communications Specialist and the person behind Backyard Wisdom). In one afternoon, you'll get an overview of the basics of social media. If you want, we can even have you set up a Facebook page and a Twitter account. The facility has a wireless connection and you are encouraged to bring your own wireless ready laptop or use one we can supply upon request.
WHAT: Social Media Training Workshop for Industry and Community Groups. Participants will learn the basics of Facebook, Twitter, and blogging.
WHO: Auburn University Marine Extension and Research Center (AUMERC) and Mobile Bay National Estuary Program (MBNEP)
WHEN & WHERE: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 from 1:15 – 4:15 PM at Five Rivers Delta Center Blakeley Classrooms. 30945 Five Rivers Boulevard, Spanish Fort, AL 36527 (on the Causeway)
The classrooms are located just down the road (on the left) from the Nature Center and auditorium.
*Registration is required.* Please contact Bill Walton at 251-654-3392 or [email protected] by Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Community Outreach Coordinator
Mobile Bay National Estuary Program
4172 Commanders Drive, Mobile, AL 36615
Office Phone: 251.431.6409
Cell Phone: 251.654.5989
Little Lagoon Preservation Society News
- ***LLPS Members Meeting, April 20th, 530PM***
- LLPS Members Meeting, Jan 19th, 530PM
- LLPS Members Meeting, Oct 20th, 530PM
- Coastal Cleanup This Sat., Sept. 17th at Mo's Landing
- LLPS Members Meeting, July 21st, 530PM
- LLPS Members Meeting Thurs. Jan 28, 5:30PM
- Bon Secour Oyster Bay Watershed Plan
- Update on Lagoon Pass Dredging
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting, Thursday July 16
- AMN Workshop- Alabama's Spiders, Insects & Bugs, May 7
- AMN Workshop-Alabama's Wetlands and Freshwater, April 23
- AWW Water and Bacteria Monitoring Workshop, May 2, Elberta
- Coastal Monitoring Coalition Training, Sat @ GS Activity Center
- Restore Act Public Meeting, Thur. Feb 12, Activity Center, GS
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting Thurs Jan 22
- Former LLPS President Randy Wingard Passes
- Alabama Water Watch Volunteer Monitoring Workshops, Sept 26, 27
- Alabama Coastal Cleanup @Mo's Landing Sept 20th
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting Resheduled for Aug
- Master Naturalist Program-May 8 @DISL,"Alabama's Coastal Waters"
- LLPS Board Member Renick Marsh Passes, Jan 31, 2014
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting Thursday, Jan 16th
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting, Thurs, Oct 17th
- 26th Annual Alabama Coastal Cleanup
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting Thurs., July 18th
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting, Thurs., April 18
- LLPS Founding Father James Radcliff Maumenee Passes Feb 4, 2013
- Please Report Oil and Tarballs Found on our Beaches
- "The South in Focus"- Fairhope and Daphne film screenings
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting, Thurs. Jan 17
- Pitcher plant rescue project Weeks Bay
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting, Thurs. Oct 18th
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting, Thursday, July 19th
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting, Thursday, April 19, 2012
- EDS Middle School Geology Class Presentation
- Manatee Sighting Network 5th year Anniversary Gala
- Ocean Camp Spring Break Beach Retreat
- Plants of Coastal Alabama by Chan West
- Coastal Fieldtrip Program in G.Shores, Community Based Science Tour
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting, Thurs., Jan. 19
- Sea Turtle Release Monday, October 24th!
- Free Sea Oats
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting-Tues., July 19, 2011
- Social Media Workshop by AU and MBNEP
- Alabama Water Watch Coastal Visit, May 16 & May 17
- LLPS April 19, 2011 Members Meeting Press Release
- Ken Salazar, Interior Sectretary visits Bon Secour.
- Press Register July 21, 2010
- Press Register July 14, 2010.