Little Lagoon Preservation Society News
LLPS Members Meeting, Oct 20th, 530PM
LLPS Members Meeting- Fall 2016
Thursday, Oct 20, 5:30 p.m.
Gulf Shores Activity Center
260 Clubhouse Drive
"The Conservation of Coastal Alabama" and "Water Rangers"
Little Lagoon Preservation Society (LLPS) members and the public are invited to a quarterly meeting. Walter Earnest, Director of Operations with Pelican Coast Conservancy, will be speaking about the importance of coastal land protection efforts and specifically will update us on latest efforts to purchase Laguna Cove property on Little Lagoon. His talk will be followed by a brief presentation by Cade Kistler, Program Director with Mobile Baykeeper. Cade will roll out a real time water quality monitoring web-tool called "Water Rangers" and show us graphical presentations of nearly 10 years of LLPS water quality data. Development of Water Rangers was supported in part by Mobile Bay National Estuary Program as part of a grant from U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Additional funding was provided by Mobile Baykeeper and AM/NS Calvert.
LLPS will meet Thursday, October 20th at 5:30 p.m. at the Gulf Shores Activity Center. The first half hour of the meeting provides an opportunity to meet, mingle and enjoy refreshments. The program begins at 6, and will include a question-and-answer period. The public is invited.
Other agenda items:
1) Lagoon Pass update
2) LLPS restoration projects update
3) Water quality update
Little Lagoon Preservation Society News
- ***LLPS Members Meeting, April 20th, 530PM***
- LLPS Members Meeting, Jan 19th, 530PM
- LLPS Members Meeting, Oct 20th, 530PM
- Coastal Cleanup This Sat., Sept. 17th at Mo's Landing
- LLPS Members Meeting, July 21st, 530PM
- LLPS Members Meeting Thurs. Jan 28, 5:30PM
- Bon Secour Oyster Bay Watershed Plan
- Update on Lagoon Pass Dredging
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting, Thursday July 16
- AMN Workshop- Alabama's Spiders, Insects & Bugs, May 7
- AMN Workshop-Alabama's Wetlands and Freshwater, April 23
- AWW Water and Bacteria Monitoring Workshop, May 2, Elberta
- Coastal Monitoring Coalition Training, Sat @ GS Activity Center
- Restore Act Public Meeting, Thur. Feb 12, Activity Center, GS
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting Thurs Jan 22
- Former LLPS President Randy Wingard Passes
- Alabama Water Watch Volunteer Monitoring Workshops, Sept 26, 27
- Alabama Coastal Cleanup @Mo's Landing Sept 20th
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting Resheduled for Aug
- Master Naturalist Program-May 8 @DISL,"Alabama's Coastal Waters"
- LLPS Board Member Renick Marsh Passes, Jan 31, 2014
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting Thursday, Jan 16th
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting, Thurs, Oct 17th
- 26th Annual Alabama Coastal Cleanup
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting Thurs., July 18th
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting, Thurs., April 18
- LLPS Founding Father James Radcliff Maumenee Passes Feb 4, 2013
- Please Report Oil and Tarballs Found on our Beaches
- "The South in Focus"- Fairhope and Daphne film screenings
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting, Thurs. Jan 17
- Pitcher plant rescue project Weeks Bay
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting, Thurs. Oct 18th
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting, Thursday, July 19th
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting, Thursday, April 19, 2012
- EDS Middle School Geology Class Presentation
- Manatee Sighting Network 5th year Anniversary Gala
- Ocean Camp Spring Break Beach Retreat
- Plants of Coastal Alabama by Chan West
- Coastal Fieldtrip Program in G.Shores, Community Based Science Tour
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting, Thurs., Jan. 19
- Sea Turtle Release Monday, October 24th!
- Free Sea Oats
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting-Tues., July 19, 2011
- Social Media Workshop by AU and MBNEP
- Alabama Water Watch Coastal Visit, May 16 & May 17
- LLPS April 19, 2011 Members Meeting Press Release
- Ken Salazar, Interior Sectretary visits Bon Secour.
- Press Register July 21, 2010
- Press Register July 14, 2010.