Little Lagoon Preservation Society News
LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting Thursday, Jan 16th
LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting
Thursday, Jan 16, 2014
Guest Speaker: Steve Jenkins, Chief, Field Operations, Al. Dept. of Environmental Management (ADEM)
Geographic Area of Particular Concern (GAPC) nomination update and possible alternate designation as Outstanding Alabama Water (OAW)
Little Lagoon Preservation Society (LLPS) invites members and the general public to attend a quarterly membership meeting on Thursday, Jan 16, 5:30 PM, at the Adult Activity Center in Gulf Shores. The first 30 minutes (5:30 to 6:00) is an opportunity to mingle and enjoy refreshments with LLPS members, officers, guest speakers, and the general public.
Guest Speaker Abstract- Mr. Jenkins will give us a brief bibliography, and update us on the latest happenings with the Little Lagoon nomination as a GAPC. He will then explain a possible alternative designation, Outstanding Alabama Water, and then compare and contrast GAPC vs OAW process and tell us why OAW designation might be a good fit for Little Lagoon.
Other topics to be discussed following our guest speaker include:
1) Little Lagoon Pass/Bridge Reconstruction- Review of construction kick off meeting. Pass currently under dredging trigger.
2) GAPC Update- Review meeting results ADEM and COGS.
3) Membership Recruiting
4) Request for help from ADEM and ADPH- Review reply from agencies on "what should our level of concern be"
The general public is invited to attend this event and encouraged to join our non-profit society. LLPS strives to: “Preserve and improve the quality of life on and around Little Lagoon by: 1) Endeavoring to assure that the quality of water in the Little Lagoon is maintained to the highest standards set by the appropriate State and Federal regulatory agencies and 2) Banding together as a group to influence items of interest or concern to the majority of the membership to include: a) Endeavoring to protect the lagoon and surrounding wetlands and wildlife habitat, and b) Monitoringlocal, state and federal governments as an advocate and watchdog group to influence matters that might impact Little Lagoon”. Please visit us at www.littlelagoon.org
Little Lagoon Preservation Society News
- ***LLPS Members Meeting, April 20th, 530PM***
- LLPS Members Meeting, Jan 19th, 530PM
- LLPS Members Meeting, Oct 20th, 530PM
- Coastal Cleanup This Sat., Sept. 17th at Mo's Landing
- LLPS Members Meeting, July 21st, 530PM
- LLPS Members Meeting Thurs. Jan 28, 5:30PM
- Bon Secour Oyster Bay Watershed Plan
- Update on Lagoon Pass Dredging
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting, Thursday July 16
- AMN Workshop- Alabama's Spiders, Insects & Bugs, May 7
- AMN Workshop-Alabama's Wetlands and Freshwater, April 23
- AWW Water and Bacteria Monitoring Workshop, May 2, Elberta
- Coastal Monitoring Coalition Training, Sat @ GS Activity Center
- Restore Act Public Meeting, Thur. Feb 12, Activity Center, GS
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting Thurs Jan 22
- Former LLPS President Randy Wingard Passes
- Alabama Water Watch Volunteer Monitoring Workshops, Sept 26, 27
- Alabama Coastal Cleanup @Mo's Landing Sept 20th
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting Resheduled for Aug
- Master Naturalist Program-May 8 @DISL,"Alabama's Coastal Waters"
- LLPS Board Member Renick Marsh Passes, Jan 31, 2014
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting Thursday, Jan 16th
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting, Thurs, Oct 17th
- 26th Annual Alabama Coastal Cleanup
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting Thurs., July 18th
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting, Thurs., April 18
- LLPS Founding Father James Radcliff Maumenee Passes Feb 4, 2013
- Please Report Oil and Tarballs Found on our Beaches
- "The South in Focus"- Fairhope and Daphne film screenings
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting, Thurs. Jan 17
- Pitcher plant rescue project Weeks Bay
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting, Thurs. Oct 18th
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting, Thursday, July 19th
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting, Thursday, April 19, 2012
- EDS Middle School Geology Class Presentation
- Manatee Sighting Network 5th year Anniversary Gala
- Ocean Camp Spring Break Beach Retreat
- Plants of Coastal Alabama by Chan West
- Coastal Fieldtrip Program in G.Shores, Community Based Science Tour
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting, Thurs., Jan. 19
- Sea Turtle Release Monday, October 24th!
- Free Sea Oats
- LLPS Quarterly Membership Meeting-Tues., July 19, 2011
- Social Media Workshop by AU and MBNEP
- Alabama Water Watch Coastal Visit, May 16 & May 17
- LLPS April 19, 2011 Members Meeting Press Release
- Ken Salazar, Interior Sectretary visits Bon Secour.
- Press Register July 21, 2010
- Press Register July 14, 2010.